Preventing Automotive Problems Caused by Old Man Winter
Most of us have experienced driving in cold weather and our share of breakdowns. Usually a breakdown is due to the neglect of our vehicle; I’m just as guilty as the next guy. We’re busy people! Things we neglect that can cause us to have problems, especially in the winter months:
Here are 6 simple things we can do to help save us from a winter breakdown:
1. Load test the battery. Check and clean the battery connections.
2. Check the condition, strength, and level of the antifreeze. Replace if needed.
3. Check the engine oil condition and level. Replace the engine oil and filter if needed.
4. Refill the window washer bottle and check the spray operation.
5. Inspect and replace the wiper blades as needed.
Refer to Chilton’s online repair manuals to help keep your vehicle in top shape. Check out ChiltonDIY for repair procedures, maintenance intervals, wiring diagrams, technical service bulletins, Recalls, and more.